MLB West Power Rankings:
1. Rangers: When it comes to winning a World Series, a fast start suggests that the AL West power wants to test the third-time-is-a-charm theory.
2. Dodgers: Who says money can’t buy happiness? Like magic, this $2 billion machine is operating on all cylinders right out of the chute.
3. Angels: Here’s a bold prediction for you: Albert Pujols will hit a home run for his new team this month — and every month of the season going forward.
4. Rockies: Todd Helton might be on the down-side of a fabulous career, but he still can come up with a huge hit. Just ask J.J. Putz.
5. Diamondbacks: If there was a Most Valuable Utility Infielder award, Willie Bloomquist would be a unanimous choice.
6. Giants: There’s a dark cloud hovering over the City by the Bay and it is raining tears – Buster Posey last season and Brian Wilson this season. Ouch.
7. Mariners: This Noesi-Montero battery acquired from the Yankees just might help inject much-needed life into a struggling franchise.
8. Athletics: The 6,000 or so die-hard fans the team has can hardly wait for the next Bash Brothers tandem – Manny Ramirez and Yoenis Cespedes – to bat third and fourth in the lineup.
9. Padres: The 7,000 or so die-hard fans are beginning to wonder if the Dodgers are the only other team in the NL.